Thursday, February 21, 2008

Waiting for the snow.

I am an early bird. And I am a night owl. How can the two species thrive in one body, and possibly get enough sleep, you ask? Simple, I DON'T get enough sleep. I am always so afraid of missing out on something, so I stay up late because I am not ready for the day to be over, to just have to sleep and wake up and start work again. And, I love getting up early to greet the day, enjoy the quiet, drink hot coffee, and be thankful to be here. Unfortunately, there is not always that many hours in between late night joy and early morning caffeine.

I have recently been trying a new regimen. Less caffeine in the evening. Not turning on the television. Reading which helps me to wind down and get tired. Until I just fall asleep out of pure exhaustion. Tonight, though, besides watching the Presidential debates, in part, so I can really decide where I am between Barack and Hillary (I think I know, actually; it has been a challenge since I REALLY wanted John Edwards), I am waiting for the snow, hence, the title of this blog entry. We are due for, yet again, a REALLY BIG STORM. Snow, sleet, freezing rain, starting any minute now, and going throughout the day tomorrow. For the rest of you northerners who have snow more often, are you aware of the quiet in the air, just hours before snow begins to fall? The streaky, cloudy sky, and the moon barely visible through the pre-snow mist? The change in the pressure of your head and sinuses? The crispness of the air? Believe me, I am ready for the spring. I want to see the flowers blooming and feel the warm sun, have it be light out when I wake up, and not have to shovel. But, one more BIG STORM would be fun, to not be able to drive anywhere, just be stuck at home, cozy and safe, and not having to do anything.

So, will I be up early tomorrow? You bet. I need to see what schools are closed. And see if I get a snow day, too.

1 comment:

Christine said...

So how much did ya get? We were supposed to get something but yet again...nothing! I know you got a lot and I am jealous!! :)