Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New life is here!!!!!

My nephew, the newest addition to our family, my sister's first child, was born on Sunday morning at 3:45 AM. He is healthy, peaceful and perfect........

I am sitting on the edge of the chair at my desk all day today, because tomorrow morning, I will be getting in my car and driving to Virginia to see him, to hold him, to smell him, to absolutely fall in love with him.

I sense the change in my sister, my sister who for the last 81/2 months has called me almost daily, with every shift and change in her body, moods going up and down, crises and challenges that occurred, and plans that had to be made.

But, I know, it is now a major change. She has begun her new life, as mom. Mom to a little being that needs her more than anyone right now. I am anxious to view her in this new role, and also nervous, because I know that her new role changes my role in her life as well. I think that sounds selfish, in a way, although I don't mean to be selfish. I just know that I have a sense about what has changed for her, some changes she may not even realize yet, and the changes that are in store for us.

All of that aside, good or bad, tomorrow at this time I will be hours from viewing his beautiful face in person.

I love the smell of new babies.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

SanityFound said...

Oh wow I have goosebumps and an even bigger grin now! So so happy for you as a new Auntie and your sister, so happy it went well!

Big HUGS all round :D

Vanessa Leigh said...

Servidores:

Thank you so much for your visit!! I like to have new friends connect to what I write. I will check out your blog as well; have a blessed day.... Vanessa

SF: I knew you would appreciate this one; I can hardly wait to hold him in my arms......V.