Friday, May 16, 2008

Inspiration Point

Do you know where your Inspiration Point is?

The Inspiration Point places in our lives don't have to be a destination. Sure, we all have probably had the experience, that we didn't feel like we could fully relax, enjoy, unwind, and be ourselves, unless we were at the beach, near a mountain, on a retreat, meditating, sky diving, or many other special endeavors. It really doesn't have to be that way at all.

We may all have our own special places, special destinations that we look forward to as a way to connect, to relate, to wind down and listen to the quiet voice within. Maybe, it is our church. Maybe it is the woods or mountains a days' drive from home. Maybe it is driving to the sea, and looking out over the vast ocean. For me, the deepest sense of peace and refuge comes when I am near the ocean; the roar of the surf, the feel of the sand under my feet, the cry of the gulls, the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets that I have ever seen, the shell seeking on the beach for hours; I feel so connected there. But, I have been learning, and what I have learned is: I cannot get to the ocean as often as I would like. What else could be my inspiration point?

Basically, everything. Every moment, every breath, every minute of every day, can have instilled in it a moment of inspiration, of support, of beauty, of life. Of course, it is not there if we do not have the eyes to see it. If we enable ourselves to embrace the daily, moments of beauty in our lives that occur all of the time. There is beauty in joy, beauty in sorrow, beauty in anger and loss and frustration and monetary gain; every moment of every day, we can experience beauty and inspiration and solace, peace and balance- if we are willing to see it.

If I had to wait until every time I was able to get to my beloved ocean to feel inspired, then how sad my days in between would be!! I don't want to live a half-life; one in which I only spend half of my days actually living. I want to live it all.

What are my Inspiration Points?? My partner; her beauty, her wit, her compassion, her arms around me; her heart. My daughter; her laughter; her hugs; her love; her curiosity; her independence looming ahead of us. My home and yard; its greenery; new life in baby trees; blossoms on apple trees; lilacs about to bud; deer that roam around our yard. I am telling you, I really seek inspiration in everything, I mean EVERYTHING, that is around me. Even the shitty stuff, the challenges, the burdens, the griefs, I try to find how it can lead me to my higher purpose, my guidance, my support and refuge, my future strength and growth.

You don't have to go to a special destination to find your Inspiration Point. The closest place to visit it is within yourself.

Go visit there today. And, don't forget to send me a postcard.........

3 comments:

SanityFound said...

You are like me and I like you we don't search hard for it is all around us, everything has energy if we are willing to feel it.

Beautiful post, fancy a real postcard? Hugs Aud

Vanessa Leigh said...

Yes, I would love a real one; that would be amazing! I can send one onto you as well; my daughter is so excited about my meeting someone from another part of the world...... may we never tire of finding the inspiration in everything we see, do, and experience. Hugs, V.

SanityFound said...

Lol you obviously haven't told her how mad I am :D